Tuesday, November 3, 2009

CARRIE UNDERWOOD---PLAY ON IS OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I've been waiting for literally years for today, the day when Carrie's new album would be available in stores. I was waiting outside the doors of the store and was one of the person to buy this album. Here are my ratings and thoughts on it:


  1. Cowboy Casanova -- 4.5/5; A good way to start off the album. It has a very nice beat and feel to it. It's a pure country song, but consider that Carrie is a role model for the "younger generation", some of the lyrics I feel would not be appropriate for them, but I personally loved it.
  2. Quitter -- 4/5; I didn't exactly love the beginning of the song, but a couple more seconds into it and then I loved it. Has a very light-hearted beat to it. I didn't expect this from her, but it was a good decision.
  3. Mama's Song -- 5/5; A wonderful song with powerful meaning. A song for moms everywhere.
  4. Change -- 5/5; This song also has a great meaning. Her voice sounds so (what word am I looking for?) encouraging in this song. I hope this song is her next single.
  5. Undo It -- 5/5; Wow, I'm generous today. But this is a wonderful album. I like this song because it is, like Cowboy Casanova, a true country song. It reminds me of Flat On The Floor from her sophomore album (which was one of my favorite songs).
  6. Someday When I Stop Loving You -- 3.5/5 Something about this song I just didn't like. Also the fact that it went a little too slow for me.
  7. Songs Like This -- 4.9/5 A very fun song. A very fast beat, the vocals were good, clever lyrics. I liked it a lot, probably one of my favorites from the album.
  8. Temporary Home -- 5/5 This song brought tears to my eyes. Very touching, and there are a lot of kids, teens, and people who can relate to this.
  9. This Time -- 4/5 A great beat, fun & loving lyrics.
  10. Look At Me -- 4/5; A very sweet and loving song. Very precious vocals, and I think it fitted it well.
  11. Unapologize -- 4/5; I like this one a lot. I love how she sings the chorus, and her vocals are strong.
  12. What Can I Say -- 3.9/5; A nice duet with Sons of Sylvia. But there were a couple parts I felt could've been better.
  13. Play On -- 4.5/5; A very touching and inspiring song.
Overall, I'd rate it 4.75/5. I definately recommend buying this album. The must-listens are Undo It, Change, Mama's Song, and Temporary Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment