Monday, February 1, 2010

They Got It All Wrong At The Grammys!

Well, my favorite awards show was on last night (The Grammys). Of course, I watched it. And boy, they got it ALL WRONG! Let's start off with general.

  1. Record Of The Year went to "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. "Halo" by Beyonce should've won.
  2. Taylor Swift has not deserved ANY rewards or nominations she has received throughout her career, be it a CMA Award or much less a Grammy. She ended up stealing Album of the Year away from Beyonce and "I Am...Sasha Fierce.
  3. Thankfully, Beyonce won Song of the Year with "Single Ladies". It's not my fave Beyonce song but it's certainly better than any of the other nominees. (To be honest, I thought "Poker Face" was going to win.)
  4. I'm glad Zac Brown Band won Best New Artist.

Pop (This Should Be Interesting)
  1. Thank God "Halo" (my fave Beyonce song and one of my all-time faves) won Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. Certainly much better than "You Belong With Me".
  2. I don't really care for any male pop vocalists, but I hoped Stevie Wonder would win. Of course he lost to Jason Mraz.
  3. I figured the Black Eyed Peas would win this one (and they did). I wasn't really routin' for any of them though.
  4. The best vocalist of all them is probably Colbie Caillat, and I hate Taylor Swift, (yes, I hate Jason M. too, but he's better than Taylor) so I hoped "Lucky" would win, and it did.
  5. (Skipping intrumental). I figured The E.N.D. would win, which they did. Although I'm not a gigantic Kelly Clarkson fan, I was hoping she'd win.

Dance
  1. I knew Lady Gaga would win "Best Dance Recording" with Poker Face and Best Electronic/Dance Album with "The Fame. I didn't really know who to cheer for, since I barely listen to the genre, but I don't really like Lady Gaga that much.
Rock
  1. I don't really like rock, so I don't really have opinions. Bruce Springspreen won Best Rock Solo Vocal Performance, Kings of Leon won Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance by a Duo/Group w/ vocals, AC/DC won Best Hard Rock Performance, Judas Priest won Best Metal Performance, and Jeff Beck won Best Rock Instrumental Performance (I was cheering for Brad Paisley). Green Day won Best Rock Album.

R&B (My Third Favorite)
  1. Beyonce won Best Female R&B Vocal Performance with Single Ladies. :D!!! Yay!!!
  2. Maxwell won Best Male R&B Vocal Performance with Pretty Wings. :)
  3. "Blame It" won Best R&B Performnce by a duo/group with vocals. 
  4. "At Last" By Beyonce won Best Traditional R&B Performance. I think that was a good choice.
  5. India.Arie won this one. I wasn't too sure who I wanted to win Best Urban/Alternative Performance.
  6. "Single Ladies" by Beyonce won Best R&B Song. Now put your hands up!!!
  7. Best R&B Album was given to Maxwell. Not a bad choice.
  8. Thankfully "I Am...Sasha Fierce" took Best Contemporary R&B Album. I was so happy by then I was jumping up and down on my couch. (Of course my friends who I invited over were doing it with me.)

Country (My Favorite)
  1. Of course, they had to go and ruin the ride by giving Best Female Country Vocal Performance to "White Horse" by Taylor Swift. "Just A Dream" [by Carrie Underwood] is SO much better! And Taylor Swift isn't even country! I am so mad!
  2. Keith Urban won Best Male Country Vocal Performance with "Sweet Thing". I think that was a good choice.
  3. I've been voting for Lady Antebellum to win all these different awards, and I never even listened to them. When I did, I was surprised at how good they were! I'm glad "I Run To You" took Best Country Performance by a Duo/Group With Vocals.
  4. If I Told You So (Carrie & Randy Travis) didn't win Best Country Collaboration of Vocals, you don't wanna know what I would've done! But thankfully they did, so I was temporarily relieved.
  5. "Producer's Medley" by Steve Wariner won Best Country Intrumental Performance. I liked all of the nominees, so it didn't really matter to me who won.
  6. When they announced Taylor Swift won Best Country Song [with White Horse] and Best Country Album [with Fearless], I literally threw up and hit the TV screen. What were they thinking!!! I Run To You should've got Best Country Song, and Defying Gravity should've won Best Country Album.

Gospel (My Second Favorite)
  • Before I start commenting on the individual awards, let me just say they don't really consider the best or most popular/fan's favorite. They don't really care who wins these awards.

  1. When I heard "Free To Be Me" by Francesca Battistelli was up for Best Gospel Performance, I knew it would win. But it lost to Wait On the Lord by Donnie McClurkin?! I never even heard of the song or the artist before they announced the nominees. And I know all the contemporary Christian/Gospel artists and songs out there. "Free To Be Me" or Born Again" by Third Day should've won.
  2. Again, the nominating comittee doesn't really care about this genre, because if they had, "City On Our Knees" by tobyMac would've won Best Gospel Snog, not "God In Me" by Mary Mary.
  3. This is the only one they got right in the genre. Live Revelations by Third Day took Best Rock or Rap Gospel album.
  4. Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album went to Israel Houghton with "The Power Of One". "Speaking Louder Than Before" by Jeremy Camp is so much better!

I couldn't watch any more after that, I was so disgusted.

There were some genres I didn't watch, so I didn't comment on them. Well, what do you think? Am I right or totally crazy? Please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment